We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident
using a fun, experienced-based curriculum
which creatively integrates running.
Girls on the Run is a transformational physical activity based positive youth development program for girls in 3rd-8th grade. We teach life skills through dynamic interactive lessons and running games. The program culminates with the girls being physically and emotionally prepared to complete a celebratory 5k running event. The goal of the program is to unleash confidence through accomplishment while establishing a lifetime appreciation of health and fitness.
Girls on the Run is an Independent Council of Girls on the Run International, which has a network of over 200 councils across the United States and Canada.
- 6/4/2016 – June Bloom Craft Show Face Painting – find us at the Chamber booth face painting (weather permitting) 11-2pm
- 6/13/2016 – June GOTR Board Meeting 6PM – open to interested community members who would like to get involved. RSVP to Jill.email@example.com
Our goal is to EMPOWER all girls to…
- have a strong sense of identity
- give and receive support from a group
- have a healthy body image
- stand up for themselves in a healthy manner
- understand their importance in the community
- complete a 5K run/walk event